History of the School:
The Arab Evangelical Episcopal School was established in the year 1954, by the genuine efforts of a group of women who later formed the Emanuel Sisterhood. It started with 22 students in an apartment in Ramallah. In 1957, the school affiliated with The Episcopal Church in Ramallah.
In 1966, thanks to Christian congregations and friends around the globe, the school and the Evangelical Home for Girls were constructed; in 1968, the building was completed and ready to accommodate 300 students, from kindergarten to class 9, part of whom lived in the boarding home in the same compound. In 1990, the school expanded and to become a High School.
The school grew as a viable and well-respected co-educational institution from kindergarten to grade 12. And due to the good achievements and mission of the school in addition to the results of Oslo Peace Agreements that allowed more Palestinian families to return to Palestine, the demand for the services of the school increased and the number of students reached up to 844 with 76 teachers and employees.
The Mission of the School:
The Arab Evangelical Episcopal School (AEES) is affiliated with The Diocese of Jerusalem, the Episcopal Church in Jerusalem and the Middle East. It is a distinguished Palestinian educational organization and considered to be one of the most essential and flourishing ministries of The Diocese of Jerusalem.
The school seeks to fulfil its Christian mission by serving the Palestinian community with all its diversities, regardless of religion, race, gender, abilities, and socio-economic status of the person.
The core of the school’s mission is to develop the “whole person” of the student, nurturing his/her respect for fellow human beings, as well as fostering his/her own distinguished character.
The school also seeks to offer a good education to present and future Palestinian generations in order that they may become good citizens and active participants in the development of a humanistic and democratic society. Furthermore, the school promotes the mutual understanding and tolerance between different religions and cultures and encourages the enhancement of the religious and national heritage of Palestine.